Recipe: Mauricio’s “No intention to cook” Meatloaf
January 3, 2011
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 carrot cut into a very small dice
- 1 rib celery cut into a very small dice
- 1/2 yellow onion, small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, mashed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup “all purpose flour”
- 1/4 cup Club Soda
- Sambal Chili paste or Asian Sweet & Sour sauce
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
Preheat the oven at 350 degrees
Cut all your vegetables first and start sauteeing your carrots first on medium heat until soft, then add the rest of the vegetables and saute intil they become soft and translucent. Let it cool.
In a separate bowl season the beef with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Whisk the egg until frothy and add it to the ground beef, proceed with adding the flour and the club soda. Now add the vegetables to the mix and work it with your (clean hands).
Check for seasonings, and begin to shape the meatloaf into a “cilinder” and place into a well pre-greased pan.
Brush the top with the chili paste or Sweet & Sour sauce (repeat if necessary)
Bake the meatloaf for 25 to 30 minutes until it has reached a temperature between 155 to 160 degrees internal.